Board members, managing directors or employees in leading positions are also increasingly becoming accused persons in white-collar criminal proceedings, some of which last for several years. In addition, massive reputational damage is to be feared.
Latest when the initiation of criminal investigations is imminent, profound knowledge of the framework conditions of criminal proceedings is required in addition to knowledge of commercial law in order to stand up to public prosecutors and in court. This does not only apply to company managers. The companies themselves are by no means defenceless in criminal investigations. Already in the early stages of an investigation, they should make use of their own legal advisors, who will ensure that the company's interests are respected and, if necessary, enforced.
If there are indications of criminal offences within the company, the management is often obliged to comprehensively clarify the relevant facts. Here, too, external advice is indispensable.
In addition, it is of course important to avoid criminal proceedings and to take appropriate preventive measures, such as the introduction of anti-corruption guidelines or the implementation of employee training.
Our services at a glance
- Defence of companies against white-collar crime
- Individual defence of company management and executives in white-collar crime cases
- Internal company special investigations under white-collar crime law
- Comprehensive IT forensic service
- Legal representation before all criminal courts
- Preventive advice (training, drafting of anti-corruption guidelines, etc.) to avoid criminally risky practices
- Implementation of compliance management systems