Regional governments themselves, energy utilities, municipal institutions, waste disposal companies, or public research institutions – they all have to deal with complex issues of financial reporting, cost-effectiveness, taxation and legal structures. Yet no set of problems is like any other, and there can be no across-the-board solutions. We work in the following fields especially:
- Utilities, waste disposal companies, municipal utility companies, energy companies
- Business promotion companies
- Infrastructure installations like ports or trade fairgrounds
- Research institutions
- Transportation companies and linked transportation systems
- Media, broadcasters, film promotion.
- and in all legal forms, including public-law institutions, regional governments, public-law corporations, foundations, state-sponsored businesses, municipal businesses, and more.
We know the political, business and legal requirements that the public sector and its entities must meet, and can provide customized, practical solutions. From legal, tax and business consulting to auditing financial statements or special audits – we offer services from a single source, with a single contact person.
And when a question arises about the right organizational form for a public enterprise, we can advise you fully, effectively, and specifically for your particular case.
Our services at a glance
- Audits of annual financial statements with particular attention to special concerns like Federal Tax Court decisions, State Budget Codes, laws on municipal businesses
- Audits under § 53 of the Budget Principles Act
- Tax and legal advice, especially tax structuring to allow for the special needs of the public sector, including
- Taxation of businesses of a commercial nature
- Corporate affiliations to reap tax advantages
- Value added tax optimization
- Spin-offs of business activities
- Fee law issues
- Consulting for municipalities
- Tax returns, accounting if desired
- Preparing municipal opening balance sheets and auditing annual financial statements under the budget laws
- Auditing accounts with separation of business and non-business activities
- Consulting on subsidy law issues
- Special audits, e.g. under the Combined Heat and Power Plants Act or the Renewable Energy Act
- Subsidy audits, e.g. under the 7th EU Framework Program
- IT / Process organization
- Internal auditing and public-sector risk management
- Compliance for the public sector