We know what trumps the various venture capitalists need to offer to score with start-ups. We are just as experienced in working with venture capital (VC) companies, corporate investors and business angels as we are with start-up founders.
Therefore, we develop tailor-made investment models that are attractive for both sides and avoid pitfalls in practice. Whether you are a family business investing in start-ups through your own corporate venture division and aiming for competitive advantages through innovative technology, or a VC company looking to multiply the value of your investment as quickly as possible - we draft contracts that optimally reflect your interests. The risks of the investment become controllable without slowing down the founders through administrative expenses and hierarchies.
You benefit from our multidisciplinary competence in every financing phase from pre-seed to later stage: we find the best solution not only from a legal and tax point of view, but also from a business management perspective. This applies to the valuation of the target as well as to tailor-made models regarding value enhancement or exit via an IPO or sale of the shares.
We create transparency for start-ups so that founders can meet investors at eye level: Up to what limit is investor control and participation acceptable? What is the market standard for industrial property rights or liability for guarantees? Which investor fits which goals? We see ourselves as sparring partners to develop your business model and bring it to market maturity.
Our services at a glance
- Strategic advice on setting up your own Corporate Venture Capital (CVC) units, e.g. as an independent CVC company
- Development of a holistic strategy from the selection and first approach of the target to the exit
- Support in planning individual standards for the investment
- Development of tailor-made, legally and fiscally optimized models for the various financing phases of the start-up from pre-seed to later stage due diligence process
- Drafting of the contracts: Term Sheets / Letter of Intent, participation agreements, shareholder agreements, syndicate and financing agreements as well as convertible loans
- Safeguarding of interests regarding value increases and exit scenarios, in particular through information and design rights
- Securing know-how with the help of (industrial and other) property rights and the long-term integration of know-how carriers
- Implementation of management and employee shareholding schemes and silent partnerships
- Advice on exit