No matter how careful you are, you can never entirely rule out mistakes in your day-to-day business operations. That’s why correcting tax returns often becomes the rule, rather than the exception. But the dividing line between this and allegations of tax evasion can be very thin indeed, so it’s vital to avoid liability risk and potential criminal prosecutions for your company and its governing bodies. At the same time, though, you don’t want to act as the agent of tax authorities, over and above your legal obligations. Tax compliance allows you to do all of this.
Let us help you examine and reveal the hidden tax risks in your company. A tax compliance management system gives you the structures you need to stop the threat of criminal proceedings hanging over your company. Join forces with tax experts from Ebner Stolz to identify the stumbling blocks in your tax department, especially where it interfaces with other central functions in your company. We will then use this as a basis for developing a tailored tax compliance management system for you, giving you a detailed overview of the potential risks and enabling you to take action where you need to.
But tax compliance offers a lot more than this. That’s because analyzing the workflows in your tax department and the functions that process (tax) data allows you to identify potential for further optimization and enhance efficiency. Let us help you to leverage this opportunity.
Our services at a glance
- Functional analysis that identifies the status quo of the tax function
- Support for preparing tax policies and manuals that reflect the tone from the top
- Risk analysis to identify tax risks, joint development of risk control matrices
- Support in implementing the documentation of procedures and processes based on the identified risk profile, plus a tailored definition of responsibilities
- Establishment of overarching controls to ensure the complete and accurate forwarding of tax-related information
- Support in implementing a tax compliance software solution
- Building a modular or comprehensive (tax) compliance management system (tax-related internal control system)
- Performance of VAT/payroll tax checks
- Tax compliance training
- Analysis of the appropriateness and effectiveness of existing tax compliance management systems
- Assumption of responsibility for tax compliance under an outsourcing arrangement