In a globalized environment, its important to monitor the operations of subsidiaries and business partners worldwide. Monitoring operations will also include having independent audits to validate if the policies, procedures and internal controls are implemented according global/regional guidelines.
While these audits appear to be generic in nature, they can help to identfy gaps and inconsistencies in the business process and transactions and, thereby, reduce the threats of potential white collar crime.
With inorganic growth sizeably contributing to global expansions, these audits are necessary check points to evaluate the existence of potential fraudulent risks.
For all enterprises investigations are a situation of crisis. This even becomes more difficult if this happens in foreign countries. In this situation it is essential to consider local regulations, laws and cultural differences. These audits aim to preempt broader control issues for appropriate management action and oversight.
To deal with this challenge it is of advantage if you have a partner who is able to combine foreign with home country experience. The Nexia Network is experienced to conduct internal audits and investigations in India with a practiced approach.
Our Webinar will show you in a structured way, how to conduct internal audit and investigations in India:
- Plan and conduct a focused Internal Audits in India
- Develop an audit plan considering typical risk areas in India
- Conduct the audit and deal with cultural differences
- From Internal Audit to Investigation
- Areas of Misconduct
- Special Red Flags in India
- How to conduct internal Investigations in India
- Considering local regulations
- Getting relevant information (from document collection to e-discovery)
- Challenges in interviews